Sengilangu thengaai paal baanam (Beetroot coconut milk drink)

I was thinking long time to post this recipe which I regularly prepare at our house. We are adding palm jaggery (karuppatti) and Beetroot that really helps to increase the haemoglobin levels in the blood if we take regularly. I am sure you all like the taste of this healthy drink for sure. I have already posted few BEETROOT RECIPES. Check that too....

Serving : 2 cups

Ingredients:

Beetroot - 1/2 cup (grated)
Coconut - 1/2 cup (grated)
Palm jaggery - 1 tbsn (I added pure brown sugar (naattu sakkarai) and palm jaggery)
Ginger - 1 1/2 inch

Method:

1. Grab all the ingredients.

2. Grind all the ingredients in a mixer jar by adding 1 cup of water. Then filter it. Again put the ingredients in the jar again and grind it by adding 1/2 cup of water. Filter it.

3. Sengilangu thengaai paal baanam is ready to serve.

Notes:

Don't add sugar. You can add jaggery or pure brown sugar too. Avoid sugar.
Adding ginger gives a nice lunch to this drink.
I added both palm jaggery and pure brown sugar half and half.

Comments

Post a Comment